Welcome to the University of Arizona Oboe Studio!
For information about studying oboe at the University of Arizona, please contact Dr. Sara Fraker at email@example.com.
Prospective applicants are invited to arrange a campus visit and introductory lesson.
Follow us on Instagram! @arizona.oboes
The UA Oboe Studio embraces students from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who go on to pursue diverse degree programs and career goals. Our students engage in a wide range of musical activities: private lessons, weekly Oboe Masterclass, weekly Reed Lab, large ensembles, chamber music, UA Double Reed Day, and guest artist masterclasses. All UA oboists may utilize the studio reedmaking tools, including top-quality gouging and shaping equipment. In our Reed Room, students work collaboratively in a dedicated workshop space.
What you’ll find here at UA
• Highly individualized instruction by dedicated School of Music faculty.
• A supportive learning community where all musicians are encouraged to reach their highest potential.
• Artistic and academic excellence at one of the nation’s premiere research universities.
• Free access to UA’s professional quality, multi-track Recording Studio, an incredible opportunity to build your recording skills and portfolio. Completing an internship in the recording studio is a great way to gain marketable skills and real-world experience.
• Graduate Assistantships are available through the award-winning Fred Fox Graduate Wind Quintet. Generous performance and academic merit scholarships are available for in-state and out-of-state tuition.
• UA is home to two orchestras and two wind ensembles; the Pride of Arizona Marching Band and UA Jazz Ensemble; UA Chamber Winds and Arizona Baroque; Student Composer concerts; world music ensembles, and award-winning chamber ensembles. The Fred Fox Graduate Wind Quintet has reached the national finals of the MTNA Chamber Music Competition and recently played a 12-city tour of China.
• UA’s nationally-recognized Music Education program boasts a 100% job placement rate.
• UA is a Research One land grant institution and Arizona’s flagship public university, offering incredible opportunities for study abroad and Division One athletics, not to mention an amazing climate year-round. The natural beauty of the Arizona desert cannot be matched.
• Tucson is a culturally rich city with an exciting performing arts community. In 2015, Tucson was designated a UNESCO World City of Gastronomy.
It’s an exciting time to play oboe at the U of A!