Welcome to the University of Arizona Oboe Studio
For more information, please contact Dr. Sara Fraker, Associate Professor of Oboe, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective applicants are invited to arrange a virtual tour and online introductory lesson. Online auditions will be held during Winter/Spring 2021 for the Oboe Graduate Teaching Assistantship (MM, DMA) and undergraduate scholarships for music majors and minors.
Follow us on Instagram @arizona.oboes
The UArizona Oboe Studio embraces students from a variety of backgrounds who go on to pursue diverse degree programs and career goals. Our students engage in a wide range of musical activities: private lessons, weekly Oboe Masterclass, Reed Lab, large ensembles, chamber music, UA Double Reed Day, and guest artist masterclasses. All UArizona oboists utilize the studio reedmaking tools, including top-quality gouging and shaping equipment. In our Reed Room, students work collaboratively in a dedicated workshop space.
What You’ll Find Here at UArizona
• Highly individualized instruction by dedicated School of Music faculty.
• A supportive learning community where all musicians are encouraged to reach their highest potential.
• Artistic and academic excellence at one of the nation’s premiere research universities.
• Free access to UArizona’s professional quality, multi-track Recording Studio, an incredible opportunity to build your recording skills and media portfolio. Completing an internship in the recording studio is a great way to gain marketable skills and real-world experience.
• Graduate Assistantships are available through the award-winning Fred Fox Graduate Wind Quintet. The ensemble has reached the national finals of the MTNA Chamber Music Competition and recently played a 12-city tour of China. Generous performance and academic merit scholarships are available for in-state and out-of-state tuition.
• UArizona is home to two orchestras and three wind ensembles; the Pride of Arizona Marching Band and UA Jazz Ensemble; UA Chamber Winds and baroque music ensemble; Student Composer concerts; world music ensembles; and chamber music program.
• UArizona’s nationally-recognized Music Education program boasts a 100% job placement rate.
• UArizona is a Research One land grant institution and Arizona’s flagship public university, offering opportunities for study abroad and Division One athletics, not to mention an amazing climate year-round. The natural beauty of our Sonoran Desert cannot be matched.
• Tucson is a culturally rich city with an exciting performing arts community. It has recently been designated as a UNESCO World City of Gastronomy.